Vacancies for Quality Assurance Coordinator, Youth Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator and Drivers
Norsaac, a pro-marginalized and policy influencing organization seeks the services of the following to join the team in driving its new strategic document.
A. POSITION/ JOB TITLE: Research and Program Quality Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Head of Programs, Policy and Campaigns RESPONSIBLE FOR: Evidence Generation and Program Quality
CONTRACT TYPE: Full- time, Working 40 hours a week SALARY: negotiable
ASSIGNMENT PERIOD: three (3) Years subject to renewal LOCATION: Head Office – Tamale
- Conducts Quality Assurance audits to identify trends and report findings
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training based upon formal and informal feedback from participants and end users.
- Maintains and updates records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness
- Maintains and updates skills by researching new training, educational, and multimedia technologies
- Lead Research Process in the organization with little supervision from the Executive Director.
- Provide technical support to Program Managers and other Senior Staff in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Formulate and implement key performance indicators (KPI) and deliverables for both new and established projects and monitor them throughout the duration of the projects
- Assess organizational and performance gaps within the different programs and report on corrective actions needed
- Conduct evaluations, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Document the lessons learned and best practices of the different programs and projects.
- M&E leadership
- Develop and manage M&E framework for the organization using NSPIII.
- Lead all M&E initiatives within NORSAAC
- Program Management Support and Learning.
- Lead all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and informing staff capacity building initiatives.
- Support the Funding and Institutional Development Specialist and other Management Team in Developing programme documents and proposals.
- Shall create or redesign learning platforms for all structures of the organization.
- System Development
- Lead M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects programme duration.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst project/Program staff.
- Assist Program staff in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Manage M&E Officers/field officers while they create and revise tools and data collection procedures under the supervision of Program Managers (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement and participate in program and project evaluations
- Support Managers and management in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Work with management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Work with other management team to produce organizational annual report
- Knowledge and Qualification
- Must have Second degree in social science or any related field
- Must have evidence of research background and demonstrate independence in conducting research
- Must have at least five (5) years progressive working experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Impressive interpersonal skills and tolerate divergent views
- Should demonstrate competence and capacity to use technology in conducting research.
- Knowledge of financial management will be additional advantage but not required.
- Knowledge in project management
B. POSITION/ JOB TITLE: Youth Advocacy & Campaigns Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Head of Programs, Policy and Campaigns
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Project Managers
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent- working 40 hours per week
ASSIGNMENT PERIOD: Three (3) Years subject to renewal
LOCATION: Head office – Tamale
Main Duties/Responsibilities :
- Responsible for strategic and technical leadership to Management and Project Managers on effective and meaningfully Youth engagement, Advocacy and campaigns within NORSAAC
- Ensure that all youth’s voices are included, considered and valued in Norsaac’s internal governance structures and work across its campaigns and programmes
- Bring new ideas and approaches to Norsaac’s Youth Engagement work to making it more dynamic and fun for greater impact
- Strategically develop and or strengthen networks of young Women and Youth over time to become highly practiced advocates
- Facilitate the building of partnerships with young Women and youth Networks, and recruit them to Norsaac’s Youth Advisory Board/ panel/ Committee/Platform (YAP, YAB, YAC).
- Coordinate the development, support and administration of YAB/YAC/YAP by looking for new and innovative ways for Children, Women and Youth to be meaningfully involved in Norsaac’s work
- Lead the design of models for the capacity building of young Women and Youth groups, and their networks on complex youth development concepts, campaigns and policies
- Support Women, Children and youth to take part in campaigning activities at all levels and advocate for their rights
- Ensure safeguarding policy and its related issues are understood and followed by Managers and the entire staff.
- Lead in the review and development of Norsaac’s advocacy campaigns and supporting the networks and its members for influencing relevant policies at the Regional and National levels
- Serves as a point of contact at the Regional and National levels to the various Youth Networks that Norsaac is working with, keeping current on NORSAAC’s Youth Advocacy and Campaigns agenda to creating and implementing tools to enhance grassroots networks.
- Tracks priority (Issues of Women, Children and Youth), National legislation and regulations including pending bills/regulations, and existing laws/regulations for advocacy gaps
- Maintains and appropriately updates the Communication Manager with Advocacy and Campaigns information for her/his onward update of web page and other social media handles
- Lead the development of a friendly Youth Advocacy and Campaign guidelines; the NORSAAC way
- Collaborates with staff, members, and others to ensure desired outcomes of Youth Advocacy and Campaigns programs and activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Media and Social Media Requirement
- Must have interest and use social media handles regularly and consistently launch media campaigns on youth related issues
- Influence development of infographics for youth campaigns
- Able to produce monthly report on Norsaac social media performance with a youth lens.
JOB PROFILE/ REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any development related fields or Bachelor’s Degree in related development fields with a minimum of 5- 10 years progressive experience in related fields.
- Must be a youth or a youth worker
- Strategic thinking, excellent relational capacity and relations that can be immediately mobilised within the community of donor, reactivity, autonomy and dynamism.
- Experience in supervision and demonstration of multi-tasking.
- Command of usual office software and Internet (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer…).
- A good level of understanding of impact measurement.
- Able to work on your own initiative, organise yourself and be accountable for your own work.
C. POSITION/ JOB TITLE: Driver
REPORTING TO: Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Safe operation of all NORSAAC vehicles according to a set daily schedule.
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent- working 40 hours per week
ASSIGNMENT PERIOD: two (2) Years subject to renewal
LOCATION: Head office – Tamale
The person will carry out the following duties in close cooperation and under the supervision of the Administrative Manager.
- To transport staff, donors, Volunteers and visitors in or out of location of business
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Ensure timeline renewals of all documentations surrounding the safe operation of the vehicles including insurance
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of vehicles
- Report all problems on vehicles immediately upon notice for necessary action
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced regularly and handle minor maintenance on vehicles
- Collects posts and deliver mails and other relevant operational issues
- Keep daily status records on vehicles and records ALL vehicles movements in log books
- Ensure that every aspect of the log book is completed on daily basis
- Ensure weekly and out of station reporting on status of vehicles.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess at least SSSCE/WASSCE or its equivalent and a Professional Driver’s License with a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a similar position.
- A basic mechanical qualification/training (Driver Mechanic) from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Have good eye sight, physical and mental fitness
- Have ability to read, write and speak good English Language
- Be neat, respectful, courteous, patient, reliable and dependable
- Have the ability to work long hours and be willing to travel at short notice
- Must be willing to work on weekends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, CV with 2 references and copies of relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5:00pm 21st August, 2020. Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.